New National Restrictions from 5 November 2020
Details of the restrictions which will be in force from 5 November can be found at the following link:
Our toddler area on the Recreation Ground is now closed, until we install a brand new playground.
Please use the toddler play area just off Glebe Road instead – it’s a lovely enclosed area with various pieces of equipment and plenty of space to run around. See the map below for its location.
Do you have a question or query? Please contact us:
- Finance Committee Meeting – November 2020Agenda now online
- Christmas Day LunchChristmas Day Lunch 2020 Approaching Christmas this year we face so many uncertainties including not knowing whether we will be able to join together with our family and friends for a traditional meal on Christmas day. You may find yourselves alone or just a couple and the effort to organise the extra Christmas fayre and […]
- Finance Committee Meeting Agenda Tues 24 NovemberThe agenda for the above meeting, which starts at 8pm via Zoom, can be viewed below. The public are welcome to attend – please email the Clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org by 7.30pm on the day of the meeting to receive an invitation.
- October Full Council Meeting – Minutes now online
- Planning Committee – November – Agenda now online
- November Full Council Meeting – Agenda now online
- Local Sponsored Litter PickA group of Year 2 children from in and around Kelvedon are supporting Colchester Zoo by carrying out a sponsored litter pick over the half-term week. Each child will be doing three hours of litter picking in their local community to raise money. If you wish to donate, please do so via the following link: […]
- Upcoming works A12 – Junctions 22-24Please see document below for full details of planned works:
- Diversion of Footpath 4 KelvedonPlease refer to the document below for full details:
- Rebecca Saunders awarded British Empire Medal – Huge Congratulations!A typically humble response from Rebecca who, as the pandemic unfolded in March, brought together both Kelvedon and Feering Parish Councils and our two Braintree District Councillors to form the Coronavirus Support Group. This pooled various ideas into one project, to provide help to the communities, which was supported by a huge number of volunteers […]
The village is bounded to the north by the River Blackwater where the adjacent village of Feering starts.
Kelvedon railway station has direct links to London Liverpool Street Station with trains approximately every 20 minutes and a journey time of 55 minutes.
Bus services are provided to Chelmsford, Colchester, Tollesbury and Witham.
The A12 dual carriageway runs alongside the village linking Kelvedon with the rest of East Anglia, south through Essex or north through Suffolk and Norfolk.