Neighbourhood Plan Public Consultation
The Kelvedon Neighbourhood Plan is now out for public consultation.
We are seeking views before it is considered by a Planning Inspector and then proceed towards a village referendum. Comments can be submitted to Braintree District Council between 9am on Friday 4th June and 5pm on Friday 16th July 2021.
Where can I view and comment on the Neighbourhood Plan and its supporting documents?
- To view and comment on the Neighbourhood Plan and its supporting documents, visit:
- The documents and paper response forms are also available at Kelvedon Parish Offices, Suite 1, The Old Bank, 63 High Street, Kelvedon CO5 9AE and Kelvedon Library, Aylett’s Foundation School, Maldon Road, Kelvedon CO5 9BA
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
A Neighbourhood Plan is a way for communities – in this case Kelvedon Parish Council, to take a proactive approach to deciding the future of the places where they live and work. Once ‘made’ (adopted) a Neighbourhood Plan has the same legal status as the district wide Local Plan, and will be used alongside the Local Plan in deciding planning applications that fall within its area. For more information please see www.braintree.gov.uk/consultNP
Annual Reports 2020/21
The Parish Council’s Annual Report and Chairman’s Report can be found below, and at the link in the menu, above:
COIVD-19 Government Guidance
Up to date government guidance and help regarding COVID-19 can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Our toddler area on the Recreation Ground is now closed, until we install a brand new playground.
Please use the toddler play area just off Glebe Road instead – it’s a lovely enclosed area with various pieces of equipment and plenty of space to run around. See the map below for its location.
Do you have a question or query? Please contact us:
- Kelvedon Neighbourhood Plan – PUBLIC CONSULTATION
- Annual Meeting of the Council (May)- draft minutes now online
- Annual Parish Council Meeting – May Agenda now online
- April Full Council – Draft Minutes now online
- Planning Committee March – Draft Minutes now online
- April Full Council Meeting – Agenda now online
- Notices of Elections
- Parking Restriction ConsultationEssex County Council are currently consulting on changes to parking restrictions along Kelvedon High Street, and the junction of Swan Street and Heron Road. Details are below. Anyone who wishes to object to the proposed Orders should send their grounds for objection in writing at https://nepp.essexworkstraffweb.org.uk/consult/main.html or to TRO Comments, North Essex Parking Partnership, PO […]
- March Planning Committee Meeting – Agenda now Online
- Census 2021CENSUS DAY – 21 MARCH 2021 Households across Essex will soon be asked to take part in Census 2021. The census is a once-in-a-decade survey that provides the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales. It has been carried out every decade since 1801, except for 1941. HOW TO […]
The village is bounded to the north by the River Blackwater where the adjacent village of Feering starts.
Kelvedon railway station has direct links to London Liverpool Street Station with trains approximately every 20 minutes and a journey time of 55 minutes.
Bus services are provided to Chelmsford, Colchester, Tollesbury and Witham.
The A12 dual carriageway runs alongside the village linking Kelvedon with the rest of East Anglia, south through Essex or north through Suffolk and Norfolk.