Tribute to HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
The Parish Council are saddened at the passing of His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
The Duke supported Her Majesty The Queen throughout her long reign and served the country both militarily and as consort, championing many charitable causes and helping young people to achieve with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme.
We have conveyed our deepest sympathy and condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family on behalf of the Parish, at this sad time.
COIVD-19 Government Guidance
Up to date government guidance and help regarding COVID-19 can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
A120 Marks Farm to Marks Tey: Resurfacing
They plan to complete this work over 3 weeks from Thursday 15 April to Friday 30 April, working between the hours of 8pm to 6am, subject to weather conditions.
Due to the amount of work on this scheme, they have split the project into four phases. To deliver this work safely, some closures will be required.
Highways England have closely liaised with the local authority to agree the most suitable diversion route and this will remain the same for each phase of the work.
Please see diversion route and dates below:
Find out more
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts. If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to email@example.com
Our toddler area on the Recreation Ground is now closed, until we install a brand new playground.
Please use the toddler play area just off Glebe Road instead – it’s a lovely enclosed area with various pieces of equipment and plenty of space to run around. See the map below for its location.
Do you have a question or query? Please contact us:
- Planning Committee March – Draft Minutes now online
- April Full Council Meeting – Agenda now online
- Notices of Elections
- Parking Restriction ConsultationEssex County Council are currently consulting on changes to parking restrictions along Kelvedon High Street, and the junction of Swan Street and Heron Road. Details are below. Anyone who wishes to object to the proposed Orders should send their grounds for objection in writing at https://nepp.essexworkstraffweb.org.uk/consult/main.html or to TRO Comments, North Essex Parking Partnership, PO […]
- March Planning Committee Meeting – Agenda now Online
- Census 2021CENSUS DAY – 21 MARCH 2021 Households across Essex will soon be asked to take part in Census 2021. The census is a once-in-a-decade survey that provides the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales. It has been carried out every decade since 1801, except for 1941. HOW TO […]
- Agenda – Parish Council Meeting 9 March 2021The agenda for the above Parish Council meeting can be viewed at the link below. Please email the Clerk by 7.30pm on the day of the meeting for an invitation if you wish to join.
- February Full Council Meeting – Draft Minutes now online
- Finance Committee Meeting February – Agenda now online
- Planning Committee – Draft February Minutes now online
The village is bounded to the north by the River Blackwater where the adjacent village of Feering starts.
Kelvedon railway station has direct links to London Liverpool Street Station with trains approximately every 20 minutes and a journey time of 55 minutes.
Bus services are provided to Chelmsford, Colchester, Tollesbury and Witham.
The A12 dual carriageway runs alongside the village linking Kelvedon with the rest of East Anglia, south through Essex or north through Suffolk and Norfolk.