Our toddler area on the Recreation Ground is now closed, until we install a brand new playground.
Please use the toddler play area just off Glebe Road instead – it’s a lovely enclosed area with various pieces of equipment and plenty of space to run around. See the map below for its location.
Do you have a question or query? Please contact us:
- Rebecca Saunders awarded British Empire Medal – Huge Congratulations!A typically humble response from Rebecca who, as the pandemic unfolded in March, brought together both Kelvedon and Feering Parish Councils and our two Braintree District Councillors to form the Coronavirus Support Group. This pooled various ideas into one project, to provide help to the communities, which was supported by a huge number of volunteers […]
- Royal British Legion – Poppy Collections 2020Message from RBL Kelvedon Branch – NO DOOR TO DOOR POPPY COLLECTION THIS YEAR Our Poppy Appeal Organisers, Bob Moore and Mark Leslie, have asked me to advise you that, on the instructions of RBL HQs, there will be no door to door Poppy Collection in the two villages this year due to the covid […]
- September Full Council Meeting – Minutes now online
- October Full Council Meeting 6 October 2020 – Agenda now online
- Roadworks InformationClick on the link to access full information: Hollow Road, Kelvedon, Essex 16 September – 18 September Delays likely – Diversion route Name: Diversion Location: Hollow Road Coggeshall Road, Kelvedon, Essex 14 September — 28 March Delays likely – Traffic control (multi-way signals) Works location: All along Coggeshall Road Works description: Alterations to Coggeshall Road […]
- Road Works/Closures and DelaysHollow Road, Kelvedon, Essex (click link for info) 02 September — 04 September Delays likely – Road closure Works location: Various throughout length of road Works description: Carriageway Patching High Street, Kelvedon, Essex (click link for info) 04 September — 04 September Delays likely – Traffic control (two-way signals) Works location: Entrance to the Davis […]
- Parish Council Meeting – Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 8pmThe next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 8.00pm, via Zoom. If you wish to receive an invitation to the meeting, please email the Clerk before 7.30pm on the day of the meeting – email address is: email@example.com . The agenda is as below:
- RoadworksPlease see below for upcoming roadworks – click on the links for more details: High Street, Kelvedon, Essex 17 August — 19 August Delays likely – Traffic control (multi-way signals) Works location: Vicinity of St Mary’s Road Works description: Carriageway Patching Church Street, Kelvedon, Essex 16 August — 17 August Delays possible – Traffic control […]
- Delegated Planning Committee Report July – now online
- Reopening of MuseumGreat news for local history lovers! Feering and Kelvedon Local History Museum will reopen on Saturday 25th July, from 9.30am – 12.30pm. Due to current restrictions, we will need to restrict visitors to one family/bubble at a time in the Museum, and will be using our back door, as we won’t be able to enter […]
The village is bounded to the north by the River Blackwater where the adjacent village of Feering starts.
Kelvedon railway station has direct links to London Liverpool Street Station with trains approximately every 20 minutes and a journey time of 55 minutes.
Bus services are provided to Chelmsford, Colchester, Tollesbury and Witham.
The A12 dual carriageway runs alongside the village linking Kelvedon with the rest of East Anglia, south through Essex or north through Suffolk and Norfolk.