CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR FOOD OR PRESCRIPTIONS
If you need assistance with food shopping or with picking up prescriptions and medication, please contact us on 01376 570285 or at email@example.com and we can arrange for you to be ‘buddied up’ with a volunteer to assist you. We have buddied up over 40 residents with a lockdown friend, to help while self-isolation and shielding continues. We still have many volunteers ready and waiting to help, so please do contact us if you need some assistance. Please click on the Coronavirus tab above for more details.
- Essex County Council Recycling Centres OpenEssex County Council has announced that their Braintree and Witham Recycling Centres will re-open on Monday 18th May – PLEASE NOTE RESTRICTIONS ON WHAT CAN BE ACCEPTED. Whilst the sites are open, they will not be back to business as usual and residents should only take waste that is causing a health or safety risk. […]
- Highways England – A12 roadworks Easthorpe – Marks Tey
- Restarting of Garden Waste CollectionsBraintree District Council are partially resuming garden waste collections – details below: We are pleased to let you know that we are partially reinstating the Garden Waste Collection Service initially on a four-weekly cycle and is due to restart on Monday 18 May. Over the next couple of weeks, keep an eye out for […]
- Bin Collection Dates Changed This WeekSince your collection calendar was delivered in August 2019, there have been changes made to the collection dates that were originally published. As the usual early May bank holiday Monday has been changed to Friday 8th May and includes the weekend in order to commemorate VE Day 75, (the 75th anniversary of the formal end of […]
- Essex Police – Courier Scam WarningEssex Police are reminding people in Essex to be vigilant following reports that fraudsters are attempting to take advantage of the current climate by carrying out crime online and at people’s doorsteps. Sadly fraudsters will look to take advantage of any situation. This means tricking people intoparting with their money and information, including posing as […]
- BIN COLLECTION UPDATE:VE Day 75 Bank Holiday Weekend Since the 2019-20 Collection Calendars were delivered to residents in August 2019, there have been changes made to the collection dates that were originally published, in order to incorporate the 8th May VE DAY 75 anniversary being a Bank Holiday Weekend. Below is a table that shows ALL the […]
- Excess Food BoxesBraintree Community Hub within Braintree District Council, has been receiving phone calls from residents who are extremely high risk and receiving food parcels from the Government. Some of these residents are now able to receive deliveries, either by home delivery from a supermarket or family and so the parcel is not needed. Unfortunately, at present, […]
- Playgrounds Closed – ReminderPlease remember that all playgroud equipment is closed, following Government lockdown measures. The equipment is not safe to use due to it being a ‘touch point’ where the virus can be transmitted from one person to another. These measures are there to help keep you and your families safe. The playing field is currently open […]
- Notice of Casual VacancyNOTICE OF CASUAL VACANCYKelvedon Parish Council NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a vacancy has occurred in the office of Parish Councillor for Kelvedon Parish Council. An election to fill the vacancy will be held if ten local government electors for the electoral area so request. Such request should be made in writing and must include […]
- Doctors Surgery Opening Times – EasterMessage from Kelvedon and Feering Health Centre and Dickens Place Surgery – 7 April 2020: Surgery Opening Dates and Times over Easter The surgery will be open Good Friday 10 April and Easter Monday 13 April from 08.30 – 18.30 both days. Appointments will still be done over the telephone but we won’t be holding […]
The village is bounded to the north by the River Blackwater where the adjacent village of Feering starts.
Kelvedon railway station has direct links to London Liverpool Street Station with trains approximately every 20 minutes and a journey time of 55 minutes.
Bus services are provided to Chelmsford, Colchester, Tollesbury and Witham.
The A12 dual carriageway runs alongside the village linking Kelvedon with the rest of East Anglia, south through Essex or north through Suffolk and Norfolk.